Our client is a successful, global apparel brand with a European Head Office based in Leeds. They manufacture in facilities across the world and distribute their high-quality products to businesses and consumers in the HORECA (Hotel, Restaurant and Café) industry across six continents.
Our client has a small (but growing) dynamic team who work with the latest technologies in conjunction with developing old-school customer relationships to share and grow their apparel collection across the UK and beyond.
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Director to lead the sales team and grow our client’s revenue in line with their growth plans.
- Active member of the European management team as sales lead
- Manage and develop the UK sales strategy, UK sales team and indirect distributors
- Identify new key account sales opportunities across the region and work closely with BDMs and distributors to deliver sales at local level
- Attend significant customer’s sites or host at the showroom in Leeds to deliver presentations to develop uniform solutions from our client and third-party collections
- Liaise closely with exclusive distributors outside of EMEA region with regards to global key account projects
- Create visibility of activity and ensure compliance within regional preferred supplier agreements
- Ongoing management of CRM and ensuring compliance from UK BDMs
- Develop key customer relationships (influencers and decision makers) with target customers across all target sectors
- Work closely with Marketing to identify and share potential influencers
- Populate and regularly update CRM on live opportunities and leads. Ongoing management of CRM is mandatory.
- Manage existing distributors in given region, identifying and developing new distributors where appropriate.
- Deliver ongoing training and support sales team
- Work closely with Marketing to develop and evolve the EMEA product range and third-party product offering
- Where our client signs a Global or National contract, manage associated locations within the region
- Report on competitor strategy and activity with constant monitoring of retail pricing relative to the markets and competition
- Attend trade exhibitions and networking as required by Marketing
- The sales role will require travel with occasional early starts and late finishes.
- Uphold the core values and represent the brands appropriately at all times