Salary £40,000 - £50,000
About the post–
POST- Recruitment are seeking a Platform Operations Engineer for an award-winning tech business, with a fantastic culture based in Leeds City Centre.
Your role will be to develop, operate, and evolve a next-generation platform, based on Kubernetes, enabling internal teams to evolve their software and services with the minimum of friction.
You will also help teams to use various services on the platform, including deployment pipelines, service discovery, monitoring and alerting tools etc.
- Our client's engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a high level of interpersonal skill is important.
- They are supporting teams running their apps in containers on Kubernetes. This is a new platform for our client, so working with other teams to learn pros/cons etc is essential.
- They use various agile techniques, so you must be comfortable either working through tasks on your own, or collaborating with others.
- You will need to demonstrate good levels of skill in some of the following: Linux sysadmin, networking, containers, AWS, VMWare.
- We expect candidates to be comfortable working in a highly technical environment, with various regulatory concerns.
- Our client values previous experience developing and operating high-demand & high-availability environments.
What we need from you–
- Experience of Docker in production
- Linux operations
- Jenkins or similar CI system
The following skills would be beneficial:
- Kubernetes or similar platforms
- Prometheus, graphite, or similar for monitoring and alerting
- ElasticSearch or similar for log aggregation
- Operating high-scaled websites
- Multi-team development environment
- Regulated environments
- Consul or similar for service discovery
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Junior DevOps Engineer to take a step up, or someone in Software Engineering, Service Operations, Systems Administration, or Infrastructure to join a brilliant business with one of the best working cultures in the UK.
What you’ll get–
The amazing package our client offers is too long to list, but the basics to get you excited are below.
- £40,000 - £50,000 Negotiable Basic Salary dependant on experience
- Up to £8,000 to cover relocation costs if you're applying from other parts of the UK or the EU.
- Significant learning and development time with a generous budget to spend on your own development
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Personal bonus paid out twice a year
- Company performance bonus paid out yearly
- Up to 9% pension
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance
If you are interested in this job, please submit your CV or get in touch with us ASAP. This job is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details and more job opportunities.