POST is recruiting for an IT Support Technician - 2nd Line, to join our clients based, in Leeds. Our client is a leading provider of world-class technology services and solutions to businesses around the UK.
As an IT Support Technician, you will be involved in multi-tasking and a variety of issues for each account. You’ll work in a friendly team and be directly supporting the IT Infrastructure and Development Manager. Additionally, you’ll be expected to liaise with both senior stakeholders and third parties, so strong communication skills are a must.
This is a shift based role with the shift pattern as follows: Week 1: Mon - Fri 07:30 - 15:45; Sat 07:30 - 14:00; Week 2: Mon - Fri 11:45 - 20:00; 1 Rotating shift of 12:45 – 21:00
Some of the responsibilities in this role as IT Support Technician will be:
- Providing effective and friendly IT support to all users across sites over the business core operating hours – predominantly over the phone
- Resolve support issues on Microsoft Windows 7 including desktop applications. Basic phone system management.
- Side by side supporting key stakeholders during periods of technical difficulties
- Complete daily proactive checks of the IT infrastructure systems
- Maintain existing and deploy new desktop systems as required.
- Assist with the proactive management of the IT infrastructure including the monitoring of server systems, antivirus and backup solutions.
- Identify possible issues and escalate to senior systems support if necessary.
- Escalate recurring and major incidents to relevant senior support staff working closely with second-line technicians and systems engineers
- Follow department procedures and processes for key administration tasks as required.
- Work closely with infrastructure service providers to proactively monitor and maintain the IT and Telecoms Infrastructure.
- Constantly review the current IT infrastructure
- Be available for periodical trips down (London) to assist with cross-site support
- Support video conferencing technologies for our executive team, assisting with physical meeting room setups as well as software
- Company mobile device administration for IOS software
- Assist with handling of stock items and computer equipment