POST- Recruitment are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for an award-winning tech business, with a fantastic culture based in Leeds City Centre.
Our client is adding new teams to increase their in-house engineering capability, and they're looking to hire a top quality, enthusiastic engineers from a relevant background to work in our new teams.
You'll be joining one of the most exciting tech teams in Leeds as a Senior Software Engineer working with the latest technologies on our client's cutting edge sites and apps.
You'll have the opportunity to work with many experts to learn from, and the technical excellence you’ll bring is what we value. Salary and benefits packages reflect the high standard in our client's tech teams, with excellent training and development opportunities for engineers at all levels.
You will be self-motivated and willing to contribute to design at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. Our client has a very strong culture and they genuinely want you to be a part of it.
- Turn concepts and requirements into highly available web applications and systems using industry standard languages and technologies such as Node.JS, React, PHP, Mongo, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Chef and Docker.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Actively participate in application design, database design, data-flows and detailed technical design. Ensure that analysis includes the wider view of technical and business impact.
- Deliver software solutions to specification and on-schedule that are fit for purpose.
- Work with Product Owners to propose, analyse and negotiate business requirements, and translate them into technical requirements.
- Participate in the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Analyse functional and non-functional requirements to determine impact on technical systems.
- Balance the commercial needs of the business against the ideal technical design, proposing sound phased or tactical implementations where appropriate.
- Produce accurate and unambiguous functional and technical documentation of products, systems and services prior to and during development.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve the quality of software releases. Work with the team to ensure that development follows an agreed delivery model.
- Ensure that updates are accurate and reflect known risks/issues to enable progress to be properly reported.
- Actively support the implementation of continuous integration to enhance deployment processes in line with delivery/release evolution plans
- Mentor other engineers in your team and play an active part in knowledge sharing sessions
The amazing package our client offers is too long to list, but the basics to get you excited are below.
- £45,000 - £50,000 Negotiable Basic Salary dependant on experience
- Up to £8,000 to cover relocation costs if you're applying from other parts of the UK or the EU.
- Significant learning and development time with a generous budget to spend on your own development
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Personal bonus paid out twice a year
- Company performance bonus paid out yearly
- Up to 9% pension
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance
If you are interested in this job, please submit your CV or get in touch with us ASAP. This job is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details and more job opportunities.