This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the UK’s fastest growing and market leader of premium, prestige and specialist vehicles in Rental, Leasing and Sales.
You will play a key part in the company’s success in a business that remains focused in creating the best customer experience and a commitment to the development and engagement of its staff.
This exciting management role within our client's Leeds Office and you will be responsible for managing the effective use of a vehicle rental fleet, whilst ensuring all costs are maintained in line with agreed budgets and in line with any legal/legislative requirements.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage the Fleet departments productivity in line with agreed budgets and profit and loss accounts including all expenditure on vehicle damage, maintenance costs, tracker utilisation and costs, windscreen/tyre costs.
- Maximise vehicle utilisation and ensure VOR times are managed effectively and in line with agreed budgets.
- Maximise all financial opportunities and ensure client charges for fleet items are charged as per any contractual agreement (i.e. excess mileage charges).
- Ensure repair network for mechanical and body repairs maximises all commercial opportunities and can accommodate future growth aspirations of the business. Ensuring that damage recharging is in line with market expectations and any client contractual obligations.
- Assist with fleet planning, to include recommendation of vehicle acquisition and disposal.
- Ensure manufacturer relationships are managed effectively and in conjunction with the Business Information Manager.
- Constant review of any purchase requirements (trackers, tyres, glass) to maximise financial opportunity and ensure leading services are purchased in line with brand expectations.
- Conducting quality/financial audit both in department and at branch level to identify root cause analysis and recommend solutions where appropriate.
- Compile reports and performance data for areas of responsibility in order to feedback departmental performance to internal stakeholders including the Senior Management Team, and Fleet team members in regular 1-2-1’s and appraisals.
- Deliver leading customer service ensuring complaints and escalated issues are handled and logged in accordance with set operating procedures, SLA’s, scheme KPI’s and company guidelines.
- To protect company assets at all times and safeguard use of company vehicles.
- Continually assess existing processes as being fit for purpose, to highlight areas of improvement to senior management and to assist in the resolution of process issues.
- Ensure team compliance with all HR policies and applicable legislation, include the continuous assessment of the Fleet Teams competence, compliance and commercial awareness in relation to their role. Ensure staffing levels, competence, staff training, and development is in line with requirements of the department.
- Participate in projects in assigned areas; ensuring responsibilities as a stakeholder of the project team are delivered to plan, on time, on quality and within budget.
- Carrying out any other duties in accordance with the role which may change from time to time.
- Salary: Negotiable + Prestige Company Car
- Holiday: 25 Days + Bank Holidays
- Great Office Location
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP or contact Emma Sayles at POST- for more details. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd.
The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details.