POST recruitment are recruiting for a Commercial Accountant for an ecommerce retailer that are a real success story of 2020/21.
Reporting into the Head of finance this is a newly created role due to a shift in commercial operations, the position will rely upon building both internal and external relationships, together with running your own accreditation projects.
- Strong growth especially within the drop ship area of the business has created extra work processes, you will be responsible for implementing and monitoring robust financial controls for each drop ship supplier.
- Ensuring month end reporting is completed in-line with business deadlines and can provide analysis/explanation for the month’s drop ship performance.
- Commercial analysis of supplier performance and provide recommendations about the profitability of supplier/product lines to improve return on investment and identify any gaps/increase product offering.
- Building a close working relationship with the marketing team to ensure efficient onboarding of new suppliers and product set up, identification of problem areas with existing suppliers.
- Developing processes and ensuring other members of the finance team are following these processes so problems are identified quickly, invoices and rebates are being processed in a timely manner.
- Having commercial focus to look at the big picture, the vision and know how to influence other business areas to drive results not simply to report on what has happened.
- Feeding into the budget setting process.
- Manage declaration and payment of circa £2m duty, ensuring accurate declarations are made and maximising opportunity in claiming GSP / EU origin status, whilst ensuring compliance with rules of origin regulations.
- Ensuring we can continue to export goods to NI, making sure our processes are compliant with the guidance when it is issued by the UK government.
- To gain and then maintain AEO status (Authorised Economic Operator Customs Simplification) which will simplify customs declarations to allow quick and easy flow of goods into the UK.
- Documenting and providing HMRC the evidence we have robust processes / reporting and that we will take swift action on any irregularities to correct the process.
- Other ad-hoc finance functions as and when required.
- Covering other finance team members when required.