Salary £35,000 - £55,000
About the post–
POST- Recruitment are seeking a DevOps Engineer for an award-winning tech business, with a fantastic culture based in Leeds City Centre.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will also have strong relationships with the Engineering Manager and Technical Lead for a team of around 12 highly skilled experts.
- Identify and investigate performance problems or reliability issues down to a specific line of code or fault. Provide tuning or recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with team to promote a DevOps culture. Providing training and tools where suitable to empower them in the future.
- Challenge and influence new applications and services ensuring all operational considerations are covered and guarantee we are delivering the right thing in the right way.
- Design, build and run services for application deployment, systems orchestration and configuration management.
- Be a strong generalist that can evaluate, pickup and explain new concepts and technologies quickly and effectively.
What we need from you–
- The role is multi-disciplinary and benefits from having a varying understanding in the following areas:
- Our client is a RHEL/CentOS house so a very good understanding of Linux is essential.
- They have some typical LAMP stacks, though Mongo, Redis, Memcached and
- RabbitMQ also feature highly.
- They have our own private cloud but also use AWS and Kubernetes for hosting.
- They use React for UI.
- There’s the usual mixture of bash, a little Python, and some Ruby.
- Their source control is Git.
- They make heavy use of Chef for our configuration management but experience of this or other CM tools is necessary.
- They make use of Graphite, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk and Opsview for monitoring services.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Junior DevOps Engineer to take a step up, or someone in Software Engineering, Service Operations, Systems Administration, or Infrastructure to join a brilliant business with one of the best working cultures in the UK.
What you’ll get–
- The amazing package our client offers is too long to list, but the basics to get you excited are below.
- £35,000 - £55,000 Negotiable Basic Salary dependant on experience
- Up to £8,000 to cover relocation costs if you're applying from other parts of the UK or the EU.
- Significant learning and development time with a generous budget to spend on your own development
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Personal bonus paid out twice a year
- Company performance bonus paid out yearly
- Up to 9% pension
- Health Insurance and Life Assurance
If you are interested in this job, please submit your CV or get in touch with us ASAP. This job is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website for more details and more job opportunities.