POST- recruitment are recruiting for an inhouse IP specialist for an omni channel retailer based in North Leeds.
This is a newly created role and will be the second permanent member of staff in the team.
Dependant on the candidate there is the possibility of flexible working or a shorter working week.
To manage and enforce the intellectual property rights of the business as well as provide general legal support and advice (primarily in Consumer Law and Intellectual Property Law).
- To identify online and retail sellers who are selling products protected by Intellectual Property exclusively assigned to client in the UK, (including via Amazon and EBay), and therefore infringing on protected trademarks, patents, design rights, etc.). Following processes, advising Online & Customer Service teams, liaising with the company lawyers to ensure these are removed from sale, through necessary enforcement. To keep an accurate log of all infringement cases, including evidence, copies of all communication, status and costs incurred.
- Provide monthly analysis on IP infringement activity.
- To maintain a database of product IP rights, detailing whether we have relevant UK documentation for Patents, Trademarks, Design Rights and UK Confirmatory license.
- To register all IP (trademark, design and patent applications) for the business.
- Advising the business on all aspects of Intellectual Property such as the availability of trademarks and designs for new products and potential issues.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements such as NDA’s, distributor and supplier agreements.
- Provide adhoc advice on other areas of law as required, liaising with the Company lawyers where necessary.
- Advising the Contact Centre regarding consumer related issues including complaints and claims.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with Trading Standards and dealing with requests and correspondence as and when required.
- Being aware of and keeping the company up to date with relevant legislations in particular IP, consumer law and data protection.
- £30,000 - £40,000
- Free Parking
- Great Location
If you are interested in this role, please apply ASAP. This vacancy is being advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd.
The services advertised by Post Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency, visit our website www.postrecruitment.com for more details